- Redesigned Mazda BT-50 gives a sportier and more powerful presence than ever before.
- Now produced by Thailand manufacturing plant, Auto Alliance (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (AAT).
- BT-50 2.2L DBL 4x2 6MT SLX added to the model line-up.
- BT-50 2.2L DBL 4x2 6AT SLE introduces an automatic transmission.
- Mazda BT-50 Mazda Care Warranty and Service upgraded to 3year/Unlimited kilometres
The KODO design inspired Mazda BT-50 was first introduced to the South African market in 2012. It was launched as an "Active Lifestyle Vehicle" with modern and refined styling that defied the conventional work-horse image of a bakkie. The intent was to not only attract traditional business users but to extend the appeal to a wide range of customers, including families and pleasure-seekers. The Mazda BT-50 Facelift is being introduced to further cater to these recreational buyers who enjoy both the outdoor and urban lifestyle.
The facelift bakkie maintains the versatile practicality and exhilarating driving performance of the current model while the design has been updated to give it a sportier and more powerful presence than ever before. New exterior styling incorporates a newly designed front face, redesigned side steps, rear combination lamps and 17 inch aluminum wheels. The interior has also been refined to give a higher-quality feel with the addition of Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Switches and Cruise Control from the SLX model. The SLE model picks up new features that include a rear-view camera, an auto diming mirror and electrical driver seat adjustment.
The BT-50 Double Cab will be available in the following derivatives: 2.2L 4x2 6MT SLE, 3.2L 4x4 6MT SLE and 3.2L 4x4 6AT SLE as well as new model derivatives 2.2L 4x2 6MT SLX and 2.2L 4x2 6AT SLE. Produced and fully imported from the Auto Alliance (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (AAT), plant in Thailand, the facelift offers seven exterior colour options; True Red, Aluminum Metallic, Cool White, Jet Black, Deep Crystal Blue, Blue Reflex and Titanium Flash.
The refined BT-50 has expressive styling, high quality interior and outstanding driving dynamics that reflect Mazda's DNA.
The BT-50 Mazda Care plan is now aligned with that of Mazda passenger vehicles; with a 3-year unlimited kilometre factory warranty, 3-year service plan and 3-year roadside assistance. For complete peace of mind motoring; a Customer Service Guarantee on pre-arranged repairs is also included.
BT-50 2.2L DE SLX 6MT 4X2 - R441,600 (Incl VAT)
- Max power 110kW @3700 rpm
- Max torque 375Nm @ 1500-2500 rpm
- Fuel consumption 7.6/100km
- 6 speed Manual
- 6 speakers
- 16" Alloy wheels
- Integrated Audio system (Radio/CD/USB/Aux)
- Multi-functional steering wheel w/switches
- Cruise control
- Locking rear diff (LRD)
- Tailgate lock
- Cloth seats
- Temperature display
- Front power windows
- 6 Airbags (D+P+S+C)
- Side step
- Front fog lamps
- Power adjustable mirrors/power fold
- Air conditioning
BT-50 2.2L DE SLE 6MT 4X2 - R447,700 (Incl VAT)
6 Speed Auto - R497,700 (Incl VAT)
- 6-speed Manual/Automatic Transmission
- Dual zone ATC aircon
- Leather seats
- Chrome power windows
- Integrated Audio system - high
- 17" Alloy wheels
- Headlamps Auto on/off
- Rain sensing wipers
- Parking sensors
- Reverse camera
- Auto diming mirror
- Electrical seat adjustment (Driver)
- Leather gear knob
- Electrical driver lumbar support
BT-50L 3.2L DE SLE 6MT 4X4 - R541,700 (Incl VAT)
6 Speed Auto - R555,700 (Incl VAT)
- Max power 147kW @ 3000rpm
- Max torque 470Nm @ 1750-2500rpm
- Fuel consumption Man (9.3L/100km) Auto (9.7L/100km)
- Load Adaptive Control
- Trailer Sway Mitigation
- Roll Over Mitigation
- Hill Launch Assist
- Hill Descent Control