Aims and Objectives
The Mazda Foundation's aims and objectives include (but are not limited to) the provision of financial aid to funds, authorities and institutions which qualify for income tax deductibility for gifts and which provide:
- Assistance to young people through education and employment skills development, with particular emphasis on children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Assistance in the advancement of education and achievement of excellence at all levels in the community.
- Assistance in the development of technology, to help improve South Africa’s international competitiveness.
- Assistance towards the maintenance and improvement of the natural environment.
- Assistance to address community needs identified by the Mazda Foundation from time to time.
- Assistance in research, feasibility, surveys and other background work in relation to any of the above aims and objectives.
Substantial contributions to the Mazda Foundation will be made by Mazda Motor Corporation, Japan and Mazda Southern Africa. Further contributions will continue to be made by Mazda Southern Africa supported by the Mazda Dealer Network, its key business partners and suppliers. Donations to the Foundation, which are tax deductible, are also invited from individuals and organizations sharing the philosophy of the Mazda Foundation. Mazda Foundation has been endorsed by the South African Revenue Service (SARS), Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient and donations will be made payable to Mazda Foundation Southern Africa.